Adding a pipe component to an HMI is a convenient way to connect multiple other icons together to show the route and direction of tank flow. This tutorial will show you how to add various types of pipe components to the HMI.
1) After adding an HMI to the dashboard, (as seen in this tutorial: Creating an HMI) you can edit it to add desired components. You do not need to be in edit mode to do this, just click on the arrow in the upper left corner of the HMI box.
2) To add a pipe, click on the type of pipe you wish to add, such as “Vertical” or “Elbow” icon under “Pipes”. Scroll down and click “Select”.
3) Click “Add” to add the pipe component to the HMI. If you are using the pipe to connect other components together, a title is not necessary.
4) Once the pipe component appears on the HMI screen, you can click on the component and use the direction arrows to rearrange the screen. You can also use the (+,-) buttons or manually enter a width or height number to change the length of the pipe.
5) Click “Save” to save your changes. Make sure you click this or your changes will not be saved! A green banner will appear confirming your changes have been saved.
If you have any thoughts, ideas, or questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or use the contact feature at www.onping.net