Acknowledge an Alarm #
OnPing allows you to acknowledge an alarm from the OnPing website by clicking on a button.
What is the alarm status? #
Each alarm will display one of the five following states.
When is the acknowledge button visible? #
You can always see the state, but the acknowledge button is visible when:
- You are a member of the call order for that alarm.
- You are on the schedule.
- The alarm status is tripped or clear.
What happens when I click the button? #
There are three things that happen when you click the acknowledge button.
- The alarm status is marked as acknowledged.
- An alarm log entry is created. The person who clicked the button will be noted in the log entry (even if someone else is on call at the time).
- The on-call person for that alarm is reset (see next section for details).
Who is on call after acknowledging the alarm? #
After someone clicks the acknowledge button, the person on call for that alarm is reset. The new person on call is usually the person clicking the button, but it may be someone else in some cases.
The details are as follows.
- If the person who clicked the alarm acknowledgment button has “Call” notifications enabled, then that person is now on call for that alarm.
- Else the first person on the call order who has “Call” notifications enabled will be the new person on call.
If you have any thoughts, ideas, or questions, please feel free to leave a comment below or use the contact feature at www.onping.net