OnPing provides an easy way to review current data in the form of Spot Reports. Spot reports are created with Custom Tables, which provide an efficient and easy way to view a set of parameters.
Here are the steps to create a Spot Report
- Start by Clicking on the Edit Dashboard button on the OnPing Dashboard and click on Add Panel to Add a new panel.
Once the panel is created, click on Widgets to display the Widgets menu. Look for Custom Table under Tables and click Add.
- You will be taken to the Custom Table Creation page. Give your table a name and click on Edit Table Contents. This will open up an area with options to add a row or a column. Optionally you can import Table data from an Excel file or a Dhall file.
- Click on the Add Row button to add a data row. Clicking on that button will create a default column named Column 1. You can change the name to anything meaningful.
The next step is to add some parameters for the table rows. Click on the Parameters button under the column name to do so. You can then select the Company, Site and Locations by selecting the checkboxes against the listed items.
Once you have selected the filters, a list of Parameters will be displayed underneath. Select the parameters you want to add to the Table by clicking on the respective checkboxes and then click the blue Update button.
Now the selected parameters will be shown in a grid format. You can click on the carat sign next to the Extra Info and select the data values you want to display. The Show Result is the only one selected by default. In this example, we have also selected the Name and Company.
You can continue adding additional columns and data rows by clicking the Add Row and Add Column buttons. Once you are satisfied with your selections, click on the green Save Custom Table button. Then click on Return to Edit Options to return to the previous page.
Now you can see your created Custom Table, as shown below.
- Now click on the Spot Report button to create a report. You will taken to a page that will list all the existing Custom Reports. Click on Add New Report to create a new one.
You will notice several items you can use to set up the report. In the first row, you can select the Month, Date, and Days for the report.
The next row allows you to select the Time, Time Zone, and email addresses to which the report needs to be sent.
Next, you can set up the Delay (in minutes), the title for the report, and a set of additional email ids to which the report can be sent. You can also import/export a template file and a configuration file. These two options will be visible by clicking the Custom Formatting button.
You can now Test the report by clicking on the Test Report button and save it by clicking the Save Spot Report.
- Once you hit the Save button, you can see your saved report as shown below. You can now scroll to the right and click on the Test button to create a test report.
Clicking on the Test button will download the current report in Excel format as shown below.
- You can return to your report at any time to customize it further or generate a Test report. You do that by clicking on the Panel name (that you had created at the beginning) on the OnPing Dashboard. That will show the Custom Table that you created. Click on the wrench icon to go into edit mode.
Now click on the Spot Report button to view your saved reports or create a new one.